Saturday, December 17, 2011

Silly Dad.

Dear Ben,

Your daddy is really silly, but you already knew that.




You guys have lots of fun together.



Dad is pretty good at making you laugh, but he makes me laugh even harder. In fact, his sense of humor is one of my favorite things about him. Some of the funniest things are things he says without thinking.

Tonight Dad was doing a puppet show for you while you took your bath. He uses your lion bath puppet (Dad creatively named him "Water Lion") and your Elmo bath towel. Daddy does Elmo in a high British accent, and no matter how many times I insist that Elmo isn't English, Daddy (er, Elmo) always slips back into it.



He started the puppet show like this:

"Hi, Elmo!"

"Hi, Water Lion! Well, what in the Sam Hill are you doing here?"

Of course, I died laughing. Daddy has a pretty analytical mind, and he's still getting used to using the creative/imaginary part of his brain with you. The whole "child appropriate" thing is shaking out slowly. It's a good thing you don't comprehend too much these days!

After I finished laughing, Dad started again.

Elmo:(in his British accent)"Hi, Water Lion! Why don't you and I go visit Cookie Monster and Oscar the Grouch? They've been giving me trouble lately and I'm not too happy with them..."

I couldn't help but giggle! British Elmo needs to learn a lesson on bullying since he's already recruiting Water Lion to go antagonize other puppets on the street.

These funny little moments we spend as a family of three are so precious to me. I know you'll never remember them, but I hope I never forget them.

1 comment:

the hunters said...

Matt and I are laughing so hard... y'all are the cutest, sweetest, funniest little family of three!! And our favorites! Love y'all!