Saturday, March 24, 2012

Doctor's Orders.

This is how I find Ben waiting for me each morning and after his naps.



We only own three pacifiers, and that's probably a good thing. Ben sleeps with one in his mouth and one in each hand, and I'm not sure what he'd do with a fourth if we had it. Maybe he worries they'll disappear while he sleeps?

The pacifiers drive me a little nuts, so I try to stick to an "only in the crib" policy.

One of the parenting books I read suggested taking pacifiers away from babies when they are four months old. The author listed a myriad of reasons that sounded pretty solid to me: speech development, orthodontic consequences, increasing attachment which leads to more difficult weaning later, etc. I asked our pediatrician about it and this is exactly what he said to me.
"You don't need to take that pacifier away from him yet. Adults have booze and sporting events. Let the kid have his thing."

Done.

1 comment:

LynnAnn said...

I love that man. That boy is pretty awesome too!