Friday, January 6, 2012

Zoo!

If there's anything worth documenting for posterity, it's Ben's first trip to the zoo, right???

I suggested getting a zoo membership as a Christmas gift for Ben, but Tim insisted Ben is still too little to appreciate it. When one of our friends invited us to go along today, I was anxious to go and see what Ben would think of the whole deal. Plus, I was pretty anxious to get out after being couped up in the house, covered in boogers and snot for four straight days.

One of the things that has really surprised me about parenthood is all the childhood songs I didn't realize were tucked away in my brain. I remembered one this morning and sang it to Ben the whole time we drove to Fort Worth.

I'm going to the zoo, zoo, zoo
How about you, you, you?
You can come too, too, too
I'm going to the zoo, zoo, zoo.

Ben liked my song.

Here he is while we're waiting to get in. Can you sense the excitement?



"Okay, here, you can chew on your sunglasses." Much better.



It turns out Tim was right (as usual). Ben really didn't understand what he was supposed to be looking at. Instead of watching the elephants throw dirt all over themselves, he wanted to try to stand on the wooden safety rails.

Here are Ben and Brayden "enjoying" the meerkat exhibit.

"Hey dude, sweet ride."

"Thanks, man. I like yours, too."



Regardless of the fact that Ben didn't seem to appreciate the elephants (or the zebras, or the rhinos, or the coyotes, or the hippos, or the gazelles, or the flamingos, or the alligators) Bethany and I had a great time walking and talking and soaking in the beautiful 74 degree day (January 6th, WHAT?!?). The perfect weather made me a little nostalgic about living in San Diego all those years ago.



Despite being less than enthused by the wildlife, all the fresh air wore our little boy out.



Thanks, Bethany and Brayden, for a fun day out!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Love it! These are precious memories, at least for you and me! Thanks for sharing and let's do it again soon!