Saturday, November 12, 2011

Prayer Jar 2.0

I posted a few weeks ago about the Prayer Jar I made for Ben, and I got lots of great feedback on it. I can't take credit for the idea because I found the "Prayer Pail" on Pinterest, but I was forced to make the project my own because I didn't want to spend money to buy supplies I didn't already have. Anyway, we've been using the Prayer Jar every night and it's been a great tool for us, even with Ben being so little.

I've made a few "modifications" to the original project. Who would have thought such a simple project would require so much fuss?

1) I was having trouble getting regular acrylic paint to stay on the jar itself. A friend suggested I try this:


The enamel paint does stick to the glass much better than the regular acrylic paint (which didn't stick at all) but when I tried to write on the dried paint, the marker rubbed the paint right off the glass. It's still better than it was, and I suppose it's as good as it's going to get.



I also added some new sticks to the jar. I originally had just listed family members, but I decided adding some more groups will be a good teaching tool as Ben gets bigger.


(Not pictured: I also added "Our Church" and "Our Pastors.")

I look forward to talking to Ben about why and how we pray for our country, our neighbors, etc. I'm hoping we'll use this Prayer Jar for years to come!

No comments: