Sunday, October 23, 2011

"Cinderelly, Cinderelly, Night and Day it's Cinderelly..."

While perusing Pinterest a few weeks ago, I came across this cute weekly chore list. I pinned the list and labeled it, "Could I and would I keep up?"


Although I'm home with Ben practically all day every day, I'm still amazed and slightly puzzled by how little I actually accomplish in the way of housework.

Inevitably, by the end of the week, the only things I've managed to do are the really crucial things ("Um, Meagan, do I have any clean underwear?") and I frantically try to play catch-up all weekend. My current system certainly doesn't lend itself to relaxing weekends. I really love that this list divides all the mundane tasks throughout the week and leaves weekends for family time. Plus, it seems that splitting things up and doing a few things a day will be more manageable and less overwhelming.

Still, I'm not as ambitious as this list might suggest. For example, I'm all about clean baseboards, but there's no way I'm cleaning the baseboards in every room once a week. I can't remember the last time I wiped down the walls. And vacuuming the curtains seems like an "as needed" chore, not really an "every Wednesday" chore.

I cut down the list and made it my own.


I decided I'd rather tackle chores for the whole house instead of room by room. For example, I'd rather vacuum the entire house while I have the vacuum out instead of dragging it out to do a different room every day. Same with the bathroom cleaning supplies and the dusting.

I'm going to try it this week and see how it goes. Having everything listed on this pretty little sheet makes cleaning the bathrooms slightly less yucky.

If you'd like a template to make your very own super-duper handy-dandy never-seen-anything-like-this-before chore list, Amy made one that you can find here.

Also, when will Ben be old enough to vacuum?

No comments: