Thursday, August 11, 2011

Even Better.

One year ago today, I woke up early and headed into work for this:



President and Laura Bush showed up to welcome 150 troops home from Iraq and Afghanistan. The soldiers walked off the plane, started shaking hands with the crowd of people there to greet them, and were TOTALLY shocked when they laid eyes on a face they were very familiar with. What fun to watch, and meeting these two was the honor of a lifetime for me.


I didn't think the day could possibly get any better.

I got home from work that afternoon, exhausted from the early morning and the excitement of the day, but randomly decided to take a pregnancy test. I didn't even have a good reason to, but I did. I set the test down, went into the closet to get changed, and casually glanced at it as I started toward the kitchen to make dinner.



My day got a lot better. I'll never forget the way my hands shook as I picked up that test to stare at it, or the way I had to try and play it cool when my mom saw me later and asked me what was wrong. The wonder of knowing that there was a precious little life growing inside of me. I had a secret that no one else knew. Just me, and God. What could be better?

Then, I got to tell Tim.

We shared that sweet secret. What an unforgettable, life-changing day. How could it get any better?

One year later, this morning, I have this little thing sitting in my kitchen eating breakfast with me.


It's even better.

1 comment:

Amy said...

It is amazing how much your life can change in a year. :) I love that last picture of Ben...thanks for sharing!