Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Time and Space.

If you've ever suffered a miscarriage, you understand that it is unspeakable. I cannot overstate the physical and emotional pain. The details are traumatic and gruesome. If you've never suffered a miscarriage, there is no way you can really understand, no matter how much I divulge, and I genuinely hope you never have to.

I'm just not ready to talk. Everything is too fresh. I haven't found words adequate for any of it. I don't want to have to pretend like I can think about anything else, either. Though it feels like we've been to hell and back in these last three days, somehow there's still nothing to discuss.

Eventually, I'll probably need to talk through things, but not yet. I need time and space to process the shock, to run through questions, to sort through emotions, to find words, and to come to terms with where and how we will go on from here.

The last few days have proved what an incredible support system we have in our friends and family. Thank you for reaching out to us. We have read and appreciated each message. I'm sorry if we've seemed unresponsive. Thank you for your sensitivity. Thanks to the friends who have left dinner and gifts on our porch. Thanks for the things you've sent. You are so great at loving us.

I've been on the other side of grief many times, and I know what it's like to want to "do something." Right now, you can pray for us. We are thankful for all of you, and we need and appreciate your continued prayers.

3 comments:

Chris Kubick said...

No explanation necessary. We will continue to pray for you. Know that we love you so very much! Uncle Chris

Kyle Bergeron said...

Tim and Meagan,
There is nothing we could say that would help you grieve less. You should grieve. Just trust the Lord your God that His purposes are often beyond our understanding, and we may never know the reasons this side if heaven. Just know you are loved.

the hunters said...

we love you and will be here whenever you are ready. praying peace and healing over you sweet friends!