Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Water Babies.

Ben,

We bought you a little $11 kiddie pool for the backyard and you are in love.



Although there's nothing cuter than your little naked derrière, I had to make these images suitable for public consumption. I'd prefer if you're still speaking to me at the age of sixteen, and I'd hate to start racking up strikes against me this early.

But back to the pool. Your favorite activity thus far has been throwing all of your toys out onto the grass and then pulling yourself up on the wet, slippery edge and leaning precariously over to retrieve the stray items.



When I put you in the pool after lunch today, the sun hadn't had quite enough time to warm the water, but you didn't care one bit.

I threw a big Spring Creek cup in the water for you to play with, and you thought it was so fun to fill it with water and drink it. The water had some grass and sunscreen in it, so I said, "Eeeew, yuck, don't drink that! Pleh!" You thought that was the funniest thing you'd ever heard. You laughed and laughed and laughed, which made me laugh. Then you did it again. And again. And again. We must have gone through that same little jig sixty times, and every time you laughed just as hard as the first time I said it.



I am cherishing these simple, rich days with you. I'm thankful I have a front row seat to your development. And you are thankful for your pool.

2 comments:

the hunters said...

CUTEST BABY EVER!! :) Pretty jealous of your poolside afternoon if I am honest.

Anonymous said...

Love these pics Meagan..Ben is so cute.. I have similar pics of Brad, and Erin with their kiddie pools..Time flies