Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Two Weeks.

Sweet George,
 
You are two weeks old already!  Some of my favorite things about you (in no particular order) are:
 
1) Your velvety smooth hair.  There's not much of it, but it's the silkiest hair I've ever felt. I could sit and rub your head all day.  I'll probably end up rubbing it all off and I'm really sorry about that.
 
 
2) Your tiny, soft little lips
 
3) You're scrunchy.  Particularly, your face and your knees.
 
4) You constantly make bleeting sounds like a little tiny goat.  Love.
 
5) You never cry.  Not yet, at least.  I don't think I've heard you cry since we were in the hospital.  You fuss a bit, but you are the happiest, most content baby and you are easily soothed by our voices or our touch.  The Lord knew I needed you and your brother in this order.
 
 
6) Your dark eyes.  I'm sure they'll be blue eventually, but they are still so dark and deep.
 

7) The way you curl up on us like a tree frog. Or a sloth.  Or a koala.
 
 
8) Your long, skinny legs.  They just kind of dangle there like the muppets' legs.  Did I mention your wrinkly little knees?
 
9) You're here.  At 8lb 9oz, I'm particularly thankful you came a week and a half early.


 

No comments: