Friday, May 20, 2011

One Month.

As of yesterday, Ben is officially one month old! What a difference a month makes.






I wrote this note yesterday in a journal I've started for Ben.

"Ben, you are one month old today! Unbelievable. We could not be more in love with you. I cannot stop kissing you and I soak in every inch of you. I know you're growing faster than I can fathom, so I try desperately to freeze snapshots in my mind. I kiss your skinny little legs, the soft folds of skin on the back of your neck, and your precious little wet lips. Daddy and I belly laugh at the funny faces you make when you're stretching and just waking up. We take such delight in watching your wide eyes while you sit in the warm bath water. You are pure joy, my boy. Although I am sad the first month of your life is behind us, I cannot wait for what is head. You will smile at us (and not just because you have gas) and when I talk to you, you'll really understand what I'm saying. Yes, there is so much to look forward to."

1 comment:

Amber Bowers said...

Welcome to the constatnt game of blog catch up. But who could blame us for preferring to play with our babies than write to them? Ben is precious!!